Why Internet Marketers Are Always Tweaking



When I say tweaking I'm not talking about compulsive behavior brought on by abusing methamphetamine aka illegal drugs.

No.

I'm talking about tweaking in the sense of fine tuning, or constantly adjusting things. In this case, your internet business.

Always be tweaking. Fine tune your business, adjust things.

Why?

To increase conversion rates.

Higher conversion equals more money.

Imagine getting more sales with the same amount of traffic and customers.

It's called split testing.

And how split testing works is by constantly testing conversion rates by sending traffic to multiple versions of a sales page or squeeze page. This can be done manually, or it can be automated with software. The important thing is to have a very good tracking system in place.

Almost everything should be tested! You should test at least two versions of your headline, two different price points (and/or offers), and at least two different calls to action.

You might also test multiple versions of your sales copy, different graphics on your sales page, and even different product or service names (this surprisingly works).

Sometimes a design of a sales page will attract only 40% of your customers. You're missing out on the other 60%.

It's not common for an internet marketer to achieve maximum conversion rates for the first version of their sales letter. And small-scale changes can have a huge impact on your conversions! A 1% change in conversation may not sound significant, but it’s not so small if you think of it in terms of dollars instead of percentages.

If you have a 1% conversion rate and you make a total if $6,000 off of 10,000 visitors, that seems pretty decent, right? But what if you doubled your conversion rate to 2%? Then you would have made $12,000 off of the same 10,000 visitors!

Cool, right?

You want that, don't you?

Ideally, the traffic will come from the same source, because different sources of traffic can have wildly different conversion rates. For example, traffic from Google AdWords might perform better or worse than traffic from Microsoft adCenter. Depends who your market is.

You will then look at your conversion rate for the two versions to decide which one performed better. It’s important to send a decent amount of traffic to each version before deciding which version is the true winner.

Yes, it can get boring but just think of how much more successful you'll be by doing this.

Become an analyzer.

Oh, and don't worry, there are plenty of programs (a lot free) that will provide the accurate numbers for you.

This way you can track where your traffic is coming from, where it goes, and how well it performs on your site.

Split testing tools does all of this work for you, automatically rotating your files and tracking the conversions for. You simply log in, tweak something new, and sit back to see how much better (or worse) it affects sales.

Get tweaking, your business that is.