Here are some things you can do to save money on gas:
* Stop bad habits. This means drive sensibly. Avoid aggressive driving. In other words, don't accelerate rapidly and no quick braking. This alone can bring down gas consumption of up to 30%.
* Slow down! Are you a speed racer? Hope not. Speeders seldom get to their destination much earlier than law abiders and waste way more gas. Gas usage increases substantially at speeds over 60 mph. For each 5 mph your drive over 60 you will add an additional 30 to 40 cents a gallon to your bill.
* Use cruise control and overdrive on highways. A constant speed saves gas.
* Avoid excessive idling. If you’re stopped because of a train or backed up in a drive thru, turn your engine off if you’re idling for more than 30 seconds. The larger your vehicle is, the more gas you’re using even when idling. This means forget about warming up your car, it doesn't really make a difference with better engine use nor does it save gas. So don't do it.
* Turn off the air conditioning. It may get hot but try opening the windows instead. You get fresh air and save some gas too. An air conditioner can drain the gas tank by two to three miles per gallon.
* Carpool. Most people like to drive by themselves however if you have coworkers that live nearby, it makes sense to do this.
* Check your tires. Make sure your tires are not too bald and are inflated enough, not too much or too little. Having flat tires is bad as it makes your car engine work harder to move the car making it use more gas.
* Clean out the car. Having excessive things in the car only puts more weight in the car, burning more gas.
These things will definitely save money as you will spend less on gas. Try it.