Are you hungry for profitable real estate deals?
I'm sure you are.
"Vacant - Boarded Up Homes" are a real estate investor's FAVORITE DEALS for faster cash. The owner of the particular house should be begging you to take their house off of their hands. The problem: the owner has disappeared. That's when you come in and track down the owners so not only can you help them but you make money from it.
In these times of Google and the internet, it's very rare when someone can't be tracked down. All homeowners leave little clues, and it's your task to piece them together.
So what can you do to track down these missing sellers?
1. Place A Flier in the door expressing your interest in the property with an "I Buy Houses" bandit signs right in the front yard with your contact information.
2. Ask The Neighbors.... Not just next door neighbor, go as far as 4 houses out on each side and across the street.
3. Visit your local Tax Assessor's Office. Check the "Mailing Address" to see where the tax statements are forwarded to. Also, check if they own other properties in hopes that there are more abandoned junkers that you can cut a deal on. Occasionally a new mailing address will be on other properties as well.
4. Run the name through the clerk’s office and search all the recorded docs and court indexes for that person. You'll be able to get a good picture of what's going on. Use this information to contact them.
6. Hire a Skip Tracer. Use "findtheseller.com” because they're pretty inexpensive and they're pretty good at finding people. It usually takes 24 - 48 hours to get a match but you can be trying the other methods while you're waiting.
7. Voter Registry - You can get updated addresses