Characteristics of a Teen Entrepreneur
Are you hoping you've got your own Donald Trump in the making in your home? As a parent you'll be able to tell pretty easily whether or not the entrepreneurial spirit is evident in your teen. Some kids make it very obvious that the regular 9-5 will not be a part of their future. For others, you may need to investigate a bit further to see.
Ask these questions about your teen to see if your teen has the characteristics of an entrepreneur. If the answers are "yes" to one or more, you probably got a future Donald Trump on your hands.
* Does your teen ask what she can do to earn more allowance money?
* Is your teen willing to take on more work around the house instead of hanging out at the mall with the other kids?
* Does your teen do their chores and work with energy and excellence?
* Do they have a knack for numbers?
* Who's their role models? Are they entrepreneurs?
* Do they have great people skills?
* Does your teen value independence more than security?
* Does your teen make comments about wanting something "more?" More freedom. More power. More money. More life.
* Is your teen a self-learner? Does he/she spend time reading books about that are related to entrepreneurship?
* Are they bored of school? Most entrepreneurs are. Traditional schooling doesn't teach you to be an entrepreneur.
If, you do have a young entrepreneur on your hands, get them started on the right path to get there. Teen entrepreneurs have a long way to go, so support them to fulfill their true purpose.